San Diego Family Law Attorneys
Family law matters can be highly emotional, disrupting all aspects of our day-to-day lives until they are resolved. As such, it is typically in everyone’s best interest to seek a swift and economical resolution to family law matters such as divorce, child custody, spousal support, and the division of marital property, so that both parties can get on with their lives.
Family Law Lawyers in Los Angeles, California
The practice area of family law broadly encompasses everything from marriage, divorce, and child custody, to criminal matters including stalking and domestic abuse. Whatever your needs, the experienced, compassionate Los Angeles family law attorneys at The Sands Law Group APLC will guide you through this challenging process in the quickest, most cost-effective, and least painful way possible.
We offer premier, unbundled legal services, affordable fees, and a multi-lingual staff who can communicate with Los Angeles clients in five languages: Arabic, Hebrew, Spanish, French, and English. Contact our San Diego Family Law Attorneys at The Sands Law Group APLC or call us at 213-788-4412 today for a confidential consultation about your case.
Our Family Law Practice Areas
We handle all aspects of family law, from child custody to property division. The most common matters we deal with include:
- Divorce—The dissolution of marriage can be an extremely stressful, costly process. But it doesn’t have to be. With the help of an experienced divorce attorney, the process can be significantly less expensive and painful.
- Child Custody—Determining the custody arrangement for children when parents decide to end their relationship is often the most emotional and frustrating part of the separation. Furthermore, the laws surrounding child custody in California are quite complicated. It is essential to have a divorce lawyer near me to help you navigate this challenging process.
- Child Support—Children have the right to be financially supported by both parents in California, and child support payments aim to ensure that this right is fulfilled – we have created a child support calculator to help you predict your monthly child support payments in California.
- Spousal Support—Formally referred to as alimony, spousal support is sometimes paid by the higher-earning spouse to allow the lower-earning spouse to maintain the standard of living they were accustomed to during the course of the marriage.
- Property Division—California is one of only nine “community property” states in the country, meaning that marital property is typically divided 50/50. In many cases, this does not mean a 50/50 split. But having an experienced property division attorney by your side can make all the difference in the world.
- Prenuptial Agreements—A prenuptial agreement, often referred to as a prenup, is a legal document that protects the spouses’ income and assets from being subjected to the default property division rules of a California divorce.
How San Diego Family Law Attorneys Can Help
When it comes to certain matters of family law, it is not uncommon for people to think they can handle the issues themselves. Online, do-it-yourself divorces abound, appearing to offer a quick, cheap, easy way to terminate a marriage and move on with your lives. But as with most things in life, you usually get what you pay for with do-it-yourself divorces. Even in the most amicable family law matters, issues can arise. Without the legal knowledge required to handle these issues, they can quickly become contentious. Whether you have minor children and substantial assets, or no children and few assets, consulting with a family law attorney is always in your best interest.
Your attorney should thoroughly review your unique situation, determine the best legal strategy for moving forward, and employ mediation or a collaborative approach whenever possible. Legal matters can be stressful and emotional on the surface, but they are even more complex below the surface. Family law is a complex and constantly evolving area of the law, and having a skilled Los Angeles family law attorney by your side can make or break your desired outcome.
Contact Thomas Sands Attorney, Our Compassionate San Diego Family Lawyer
If you have questions about any family law matter, the skilled legal team at The Sands Law Group APLC can help. Whether you are just beginning to consider divorce, need to modify a child support arrangement, or are embroiled in a contentious dispute over the division of marital property, our compassionate, knowledgeable Los Angeles family law attorneys will ensure that your rights and best interests are protected throughout the entire process. Contact us today or call us at 213-788-4412 for a confidential consultation about your case.