Family law matters can be highly emotional, disrupting all aspects of our day-to-day lives until they are resolved. As such, it is typically in everyone’s best interest to seek a swift and economical resolution to family law matters such as divorce, child custody, spousal support, and the division of marital property, so that both parties can get on with their lives.
Family Law Lawyers in Los Angeles, California
The practice area of family law broadly encompasses everything from marriage, divorce, and child custody, to criminal matters including stalking and domestic abuse. Whatever your needs, the experienced, compassionate Los Angeles family law attorneys at The Sands Law Group APLC will guide you through this challenging process in the quickest, most cost-effective, and least painful way possible.
Contact us today for a confidential consultation about your case. Our multi-lingual staff is ready to communicate with clients in five languages: Hebrew, French Arabic Spanish and English so no matter what language you speak we’ll be able help!
Our Family Law Practice Areas
We handle all aspects of family law, from child custody to property division. The most common matters we deal with include:
- Divorce—The dissolution of marriage can be an extremely stressful, costly process. But it doesn’t have to be. With the help of an experienced divorce attorney, the process can be significantly less expensive and painful. Even amicable divorces can quickly become complicated when unforeseen issues arise over child custody, support payments, or the division of the family home. Although do-it-yourself divorces exist, they often result in more stress, more time lost, and more money spent. A minor mistake or oversight can easily become a major disaster. At the very least, it is wise to have an experienced divorce attorney review your divorce agreement before moving forward.
- Child Custody—Determining the custody arrangement for children when parents decide to end their relationship is often the most emotional and frustrating part of the separation. Furthermore, the laws surrounding child custody in California are quite complicated. It is essential to have a child custody attorney help you navigate this challenging process.
- Child Support—Children have the right to be financially supported by both parents in California, and child support payments aim to ensure that this right is fulfilled. The amount of these payments is calculated based on multiple factors, including the income of both parents, the child custody arrangement, the number and age of the children, and the needs of each child.
- Spousal Support—Formally referred to as alimony, spousal support is sometimes paid by the higher-earning spouse to allow the lower-earning spouse to maintain the standard of living they were accustomed to during the course of the marriage.
- Property Division—California is one of only nine “community property” states in the country, meaning that marital property is typically divided 50/50. When a marriage dissolves, the division of property is often one of the most complicated and contentious aspects of the divorce. But having an experienced property division attorney by your side can make all the difference in the world.
- Prenuptial Agreements—A prenuptial agreement, often referred to as a prenup, is a legal document that protects the spouses’ income and assets from being subjected to the default property division rules of a divorce. As long as the prenup follows state guidelines and laws, and is deemed to be voluntarily drafted, it will be enforceable upon the dissolution of marriage.
How a California Family Attorney Can Help
When it comes to certain matters of family law, it is not uncommon for people to think they can handle the issues themselves. Online, do-it-yourself divorces abound, appearing to offer a quick, cheap, easy way to terminate a marriage and move on with your lives. But as with most things in life, you usually get what you pay for with do-it-yourself divorces. Even in the most amicable family law matters, issues can arise. Without the legal knowledge required to handle these issues, they can quickly become contentious. Whether you have minor children and substantial assets, or no children and few assets, consulting with a family law attorney is always in your best interest.
Your attorney should thoroughly review your unique situation, determine the best legal strategy for moving forward, and employ mediation or a collaborative approach whenever possible. Legal matters including divorce, spousal support, child support, and the division of marital property can be stressful and emotional on the surface, but they are even more complex below the surface, where issues like federal and state taxation, civil procedure, evidence codes, and deferred compensation may come into play. Family law is a complex and constantly evolving area of the law, and having a skilled family law attorney by your side can make or break your desired outcome.
Contact Our Compassionate Los Angeles Family Law Lawyers Today
If you have questions about any family law matter, the skilled legal team at The Sands Law Group APLC can help. Whether you are just beginning to consider divorce, need to modify a child support arrangement, or are embroiled in a contentious dispute over the division of marital property, our compassionate, knowledgeable Los Angeles family law attorneys will ensure that your rights and best interests are protected throughout the entire process. Contact us today for a confidential consultation about your case.
We offer a comprehensive menu of legal services to California Statewide, including Adelanto, Alameda, Albany, Alhambra, Anaheim, Arcadia, Bakersfield, Bell, Berkeley, Big Bear Lake, Buena Park, Burbank, Carlsbad, Cerritos, Chico, Chula Vista, Compton, Culver City, Cypress, Del Mar, Desert Hot Springs, Dinuba, Downey, El Cajon, El Centro, Eureka, Exeter, Folsom, Fortuna, Fresno, Gilroy, Glendale, Grass Valley, Hayward, Huntington Beach, Indian Wells, Industry, Inglewood, Irvine, Irwindale, King, City, Kingsburg, Lancaster, La Quinta, Lemoore, Lindsay, Loma Linda, Long Beach, Los Alamitos, Los Angeles, Marina, Marysville, Merced, Modesto, Monterey, Mountain View, Napa, Needles, Newport Beach, Norco, Oakland, Oceanside, Oroville, Pacific Grove, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Palmdale, Palo Alto, Pasadena, Petaluma, Piedmont, Placentia, Pomona, Port Hueneme, Porterville, Rancho Mirage, Redondo, Beach, Redwood City, Richmond, Riverside, Sacramento, Salinas, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Leandro, San Luis Obispo, San Marcos, San Mateo, San Rafael, San Ramon, Sand City, Santa Ana, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Santa Maria, Santa Monica, Santa Rosa, Santee, Seal Beach, Shafter, Signal Hill, Solvang, Stockton, Sunnyvale, Temple City, Torrance, Truckee, Tulare, Vallejo, Ventura, Vernon, Victorville, Visalia, Vista, Watsonville, Whittier, Woodlake.